This is a quick tut to Backup, Save & Restore Chrome Bookmarks Even When It Crashed.
We all know that bookmarks are very important things when you are an avid surfer, blog reader or some kind of downloader. If something happens to browser like virus infected files, corrupt .dlls, update misconfiguration etc then you will need to get your bookmarks before you format system or reinstall Chrome.
This article will tell you how to backup and restore Chrome Bookmarks on Windows and Mac system. It is very easy to backup your bookmarks in Google Chrome when you have it up and running. If you can start your Chrome browser then you can do this to backup your Bookmarks easily;
1. Open Chrome browser.
2. Click the Spanner (Tools) at left side by side of Address bar.
3. From Top; the 4th one is generally ‘Bookmarks’. Go there.
4. From Top; the 3rd one is generally there is ‘Bookmarks Manager’. Select it.
Whenever you want to restore from it. Just follow the same path till 5th Step but this time select ‘Import from HTML’.
You can even use this file to transfer Bookmarks to Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera etc.
Now, this is basic stuff which we nearly all of us know. I read many blogs and questions asking how to get Chrome bookmarks out when it is Uninstalled or Crashed (Damaged or not starting). Main concern was location. Where it is stored and then how to restore it back. Here it is;
1. For Windows; Click on Start Menu and Select RUN.
2. Now the location where these bookmarks are kept is what people wanted to know. It is different in Windows and Mac Systems.
3. Copy-paste this location code into RUN box. Be sure to replace USER with your User Name. This username is basically a folder with a name you can find on top after opening ‘My Computer’. Hit Enter.
c:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
4. For Mac; Use your browser to go to this location:
Macintosh HD/Users/(USER_FOLDER)/Library/Application Support/Google/Default
4. In this directory or folder you will see bunch of files.
5. Copy 2 Files to any location of your computer and keep them safe;
ii. bookmarks —- with no extension.
6. Now, what’s the point if we can’t restore this to our Chrome?
7. After you reinstall Chrome or get it back working you will need to go to same locations above and just copy-paste these two files. Remember Chrome should not be running this time.
8. Start Chrome and everything will be there.