GeekAct is getting pretty heavy traffic and loads due to increasing popularity of different nature of articles and resources. So in near future, I am thinking to move it to a VPS (Virtual Private Server) instead of Shared hosting.
For testing purposes, I purchased a wonderful speedy and very affordable RamNode VPS. After I bought it, the situation kicked in. I thought there will be plenty of good guides to follow and set up my VPS easily. I was wrong, there is actually not much. After searching for long, I got a reliable site called ‘VPSBible’ but alas it wasn’t free. You have to pay $15/year to get access. All material on only website and only available after login.
Searched for next 2 hrs and I found some awesome guides to setup VPS. One book which actually told step by step method as on site ‘VPSBible’ but not copied. I can say not copied because many things are different and left. Here you can download the collection of all 5 books which are free and not copyrighted (not illegal).
1. VPS Server Configuration Guide: The Lifesaver. It gives step by step details from installing OS to firewall and uploading files of website. Screen-shots are included for nearly every step.
2. VPS-Quick Start Guide: From Namecheap.com
3. The Linux Guide from MakeUseOf.com
4. LxAdmin guide – From Namecheap
5. Plesk 9.2 Domain Administrators Guide from Parallels Plesk
Download: (Links Updated)
I have searched and verified that they don’t have any copyright issues. However, if someone finds that theirs is violated; then they can contact me and I will remove it (obviously after verifying that its your work).