POST UPDATED 05/Jul/2011
ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is around and making everyone crazy with its new features. What is it? It is same as xRecovery but with some new features and stability. Moreover, CyanogenMod Custom ROM’s are updated to CWM and it is good idea to install and use CWM instead of xRecovery. Also, you can restore backups previously made by xRecovery using option in CWM. Before starting, thanks to owain94, doixanh, nobodyatall, zdizihu, jerpela, DaRk_dOg, thespak101, and all the DEVS who are working hard for it.
So, do you want to install it? I bet you do!
UPDATE:Go ahead only, if you have xRecovery pre-installed.
If you don’t have xRecovery installed and want to install ClockWorkMod fresh OR if this method doesn’t work out for you then Refer this post.
This post is written for X10 Mini & X10 Mini Pro, but is applicable to any Android Device. Just files will be different.
I recently posted how to install xRecovery on Xperia X10 Mini and Xperia X10 Mini Pro after you Root them.
To install Custom ROM on your X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro follow this Guide.(being written)
First Thing First: Backup your SMS, Phone Book and Applications with its Data. Refer this Guide
1. Your phone needs to be rooted. Follow above guide, if you haven’t done it yet.
2. xRecovery. Go here to install it, if you don’t have it. UPDATE Direct CWM install Possible. READ
3. BusyBox. From market not from Titanium Backup.
INSTALLING CWM Recovery
Procedure is same for X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro.
1. Rename the downloaded file to “update.zip” in Windows and put it in root of your SD CARD. Root here means directly on Memory Card and not in folders.
2. Now Restart your phone and enter into xRecovery by pressing BACK Key on White Sony Ericsson Logo.
3. Select option “Install Custom Zip” and navigate to copied CWM Recovery zip file. Install it.
4. Go Back and Select Reboot using xRecovery (First option)
5. Next time you will get ClockWorkMod interface when you hit Back Key on Boot-up.
You are done! Congratz. Now you are updated and good to go with any Custom ROM. To install Custom ROM on your X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro follow this Guide.
For some this procedure using xRecovery on X10 Mini Pro is not working. So you can try this one.