This is the third article in series of linking Aadhaar card with major services across India.
|Other Aadhaar Linking Guides:|
While other financial linking are mandate by Government of India, order to link Aadhaar number with the mobile connection came more from DoT (Department of Telecommunication) and needs to be done by 31st Mar 2018.
I recently, went through all steps to link Aadhaar with Vodafone number. This was done over a simple IVRS Toll-free call. Yes! No need to browse through pages, no more store visits. Easy and quick.
Note: Some people face issue in receiving OTP on their mobile number if it is present in same dual-sim phone. For some time, put your Aadhaar registered SIM in another phone or dongle to tackle this situation.
I also suggest people to put phone on speaker and open the Dial-pad, as it is easier to listen and enter codes.
Link Aadhaar with Vodafone Number
1. Call 14546 from your Vodafone number. You will be asked for preferred Language and Nationality. Press 1 for Indian National.
2. Next, IVRS voice will ask you, if you want to continue with Aadhaar re-verification for Vodafone number you are using. Press 1
3. You will be asked to enter your 12 Digit Aadhaar number. Dial it in using the keypad with utmost care. After all 12 digits are in, wait for a second or two. The voice will announce again.
4. IVRS will read back your entered 12 Digits and then you can Press 1 to Confirm it or Press 2 to re-enter.
5. If you want to listen all digits again, wait for another 5 seconds and it will repeat step 4.
6. After you confirm your entry in above step, IVRS will tell you that an OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered number. After that, you will be read a long disclaimer and your approval will be taken with Signature in form of OTP.
7. Enter the OTP after the above terms and disclaimer ends. IVRS will now announce that your number is successfully linked and will ask, if you want to declare any other numbers. This is not mandatory and you can select NO.
8. Even if you declare other numbers in above step, this will not be considered Aadhaar verified. Each number has to be verified separately.
9. At the end, IVRS will notify you that, you will receive SMS after manual checks in 24-48 hrs.
This completes the re-verification. So, how does it go for you?
If this doesn’t works for you, then you can still visit Vodafone store and get the verification done by Biometrics Validation.
Let me know of any issue you are facing in completing this.
Image courtesy: Vodafone.in